Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lost in Translation




Mind functions in such mysterious ways, even mine who would’ve thought :/ ... so at the end of a conversation, I was left with these three words, repeated them just to remind myself of something incomplete. Though it didn’t took me much time before I plunged into the deep throes of the Deadmines and the thought almost escaped my mind.

The only thing that does stop me from gaming these days is the fear of having weak eyesight.. well it doesn’t really stops me but I’ve come to a realization that I might be addicted to it, in a bad sort of way.. which is funny because the things usually people get addicted to, I’m immune to them. So starting next month, I’d try to use my super will power to resist myself from buying another subscription.

When I switched off my pc, I thought I’d be sleeping early.. 3:30 AM is still early for me, at least its dark outside then. But at that moment, my mind delivered the unread message to my conscious state and I realized that its been years since I had this movie and I just didn’t watch  it.

After Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, I think this is one of the most incredible romantic movie I’ve seen and thats sayin' something. You know why it’s great? Because it’s Real.
it portrays the way relationships are, the way an individual is.. with all the confusions and inanities of life.. that vaccum in which we live and the same empty space we try to fill in all the frickin’ time but fail to.. but two people connect because one is as hollow as the other,  and fragility of that connection is what makes it beautiful in the first place.

I hate Titanic, I just had to say it.. not because I don’t believe in love but  that illusion that it creates of love that I really abhor. What if Jack had survived, it wouldn’t have been great after all .. they would’ve split up any which way or compromised until they reach a point of indifference. But that’s why most of the people are obsessed with this movie – an overwhelming tale of a Romance that couldn’t be.

It’s just hard for us to accept that emptiness in our lives, so we fill it with words and try to color them with meanings that will help us to survive.

" The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

If you haven’t seen this movie and are too bored of your own life to read this whining journal, spare ninety minutes for this one.. it’ll be worth your time.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (:

    You're a movie buff, suggest me more movies like that!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir