Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wise Up



by Aimee Mann... it came to my mind while I was reading this


"Passions when gratified merely becomes appetites once the object of desire is gained... "
Mary Wollstonecraft


I couldn't agree more with this lady's thoughts. Yes, I can go ahead and talk about what a revolutionary feminist she was but I would rather save it for my exams...

Magnolia - the flower, the movie... both are amazing but for the first time when I heard the song I so wish I had heard it before so I could lip sync with the characters.. it's a song of realization before you break down.. before you take that step .. before you pause. and after it stops playing, what's left? the shattered pride, the broken walls, untainted lies and the love, metamorphosed.


" It's not what you thought
When you first began it
You got what you want
Now you can hardly stand it though
By now you know
it's not
going to stop
'til you wise up "
Written by Aimee Mann

a week before exam ... time for me to wise up :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir